Mozilla 1.6 released. RPMs soon?

Jeff Iddings jeff at iddings.us
Fri Jan 16 15:06:31 UTC 2004

Tao wenqiang wrote:

> Hans Deragon wrote:
>
>> Greetings.
>>
>>   Mozilla 1.6 has been released.  Can we expect RPMs for FC1 and RHL 9?
>>

> just dowenload install file or tarball and intall youself,it works fine.

Well, if that's not bad advice, I don't know what is. What's the point
of having a package system if you're going to suggest people download
tarballs and install them to who knows where. Nevermind the fact that if
that application is found to have an issue... yum, apt, etc won't
automatically update it. This could compermise the integrity of their
system. And not to mention it's just messy. Oh.. and who cares if it's
not built against your system's libs? I'm sure that wouldn't effect
anything at all. :P

I'm certain there will be Mozilla 1.6 RPMS, either from Fedora or Dag in
the next few hours/days. Don't be so damn impatient.

Regards,

Jeff