recommend amd64 MB

Pete pete at putzin.net
Fri Jan 16 17:25:02 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 14 January 2004 16:06, Chuck Mead wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Jan 2004, Justin M. Forbes wrote:
> > On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 05:00:03PM -0500, Chuck Mead wrote:
> > > On Wed, 14 Jan 2004, Neal D. Becker wrote:
> > >
> > > I am using an ASUS K8V Deluxe with an Athlon64 3000+. I have not had
> > > any hardware issues beyond the onboard soundcard which does not work
> > > (though I could care less as I have an SB Live! which works great and I
> > > prefer it anyway).
> >
> > Sound support should be solid using ALSA for onboard if you ever find a
> > need.
>
> When I move to 2.6.xx kernel or we have FC2 I will move to ALSA and test
> it then.
>
> --
> csm
> Lunar Linux Project Lead
> Disclaimer: "I am not a curmudgeon! No... really..."
> Addendum: "Bwahahaha! Fire up the orbital mind-control lasers!"

Actually, I'm still having sound issues (read that as NO SOUND) with this
board and 2.6.1 installed and running. I had hoped it would clear up with
that as well, but no such luck. It's a ton of modules right now, and I'm
wondering if I'm just missing one. Next step is to build it into the kernel
instead of as modules and see if that helps. Then I'll drop my SB Live into
it and use that. Do what you gotta I guess.
--
What do you get for the individual who has everything? Might I suggest a
gravestone marked "So what?"