why is my Gnome Music player not finding files.

Sturla Holm Hansen sturlahh at online.no
Sat Jan 17 16:58:54 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-01-17 at 17:44, Raghu Vadapalli wrote:
> My xmms player plays mp3 real good. But this rhythmbox music player
> can't find any of these mp3 files. Every search operation comes up with
> nothing.
> Raghu.
> On Sat, 2004-01-17 at 11:29, Sturla Holm Hansen wrote:
> > On Sat, 2004-01-17 at 16:38, Raghu Vadapalli wrote:
> > > I tried to add library from the file menu where all my songs are and it
> > > comes up with nothing. Let's say if ever there is solution,is it going
> > > to find my real media files too. Any plugins for real media.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Raghu.
> > >

> > If your songs are mp3 you need to install the codec for it, I use xmms
> > and just ran "apt-get install xmms-mp3"....

I guess you have read the faq on www.rythmbox.org?
It says: "Some mp3s are not detected properly by GStreamer. Check to see
if you have the recommended version of 0.6.4, then submit a bug report
with a location link to the mp3 that isn't detected correctly. Also,
keep on the lookout for files that have .mp3 extensions on them but are
really just wave files."

Sturla