Up2date Sources

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Sat Jan 17 22:17:17 UTC 2004

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004, William Hooper wrote:

> edwarner99 at yahoo.com said:
> > I've changed the sources in /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources
> > to reflect a mirror instead of redhat.
> > The problem is I never get a "red exclamation" when
> > there is an update. I have to manually launch u2date
> > before it sees any updates.
>
> Which version of rhn-applet are you running?
>
> Are your repos http?  Are they yum repos?

Aha!  I was wondering about this as well, and it turns out that this was
it.  I had ftp yum repos, and changing them to http caused all the "could
not contact" messages to go away.  I haven't seen a red bang yet, but I
have confidence it will work now.  Also, up2date repo checking seems to
work a lot faster now.

Thanks!
--
		Matthew Saltzman