USB mouse APM nforce a7n266-vm

Jason Cortezzo jasoncc at comcast.net
Sat Jan 17 22:51:20 UTC 2004

For some reason, I can't use a USB mouse with APM enabled.

The mouse is an IBM model:MO27FO.  The mobo is an A7N266-VM nforce2
using the usb-ohci driver.  I was unable to boot at all with kernel
2.4.22-1.2115.nptl.  After I ran up2date and my kernel was updated to
2.4.22-1.2149.nptl, I was able to boot but then the keyboard wouldn't
work if I had the USB mouse plugged in.  Both kernels worked fine with a
PS/2 mouse.  Both kernels also work fine with the USB mouse with the
apm=off kernel parameter added to the grub.conf file.