Can't mount .iso on the HD

Florian Sievert FlorianSievert at Phobeus.de
Sun Jan 18 10:23:40 UTC 2004

Travalar schrieb:

>I am trying to make bootable cd's to install Fedora. Near the end it
>says to mount the .iso on the HD. When I do, I get a warning, that I
>must be root to open it up.  How do I become root?

Maybe it sounds stupid, but I am writing simply ;)
By typing "su root". The system will then ask you for the password.
To mount manually an ISO to the harddisk, you need to create an empty
folder (mkdir) and then
mount -t iso9660 -o loop /source/of/iso /folder/target

On this way I successfully mounted an iso file on the harddisk. Hope
this is somehow usefull for you.

Florian