FC1 on the enterprise?

John T Nelson developer at computation.com
Sun Jan 18 16:22:28 UTC 2004

Hello all,

On the subject of FC1 problems, I recently tried to upgrade my RH 8 system
to FC1. While starting the upgrade, the installer exited complaining about
"corrupt or misaligned disk partitions". RH9 has the same problem with
this disk yet the old RH8 system boots and operates fine.

Well right after this attempted upgrade, FC1 seems to have snuck GRUB into
either the MBR or chain loader because now when I try to boot Windows XP
(which is on a separate disk), I get a GRUB L prompt and hang. So FC1
seems to have shoved GRUB onto my system before verifying that the install
was correct. I tried to correct this problem by using Windows XP Recovery
Console but niether fixmbr or fixboot correct the problem.

And I really really hate GRUB. I've never been able to get that thing to
work properly and I'm miffed that FC1 pushes it on me without my consent.

So I have two issues:

	1) Misaligned disk partition
	2) GRUB installed (on disk 2?)

Any suggestions on how to correct these problems?

-- John