A DIFFERENT yum/up2date problem...

Allan Metts ametts2 at mindspring.com
Sun Jan 18 18:19:11 UTC 2004

Sorry to add yet another entry to what I know is a subject that's been
beaten to death...

I have a server that I've recently switched to a mirror for package
updates.  Both up2date and yum are reliably connecting to the package
repository -- yet no new packages are listed as available  (tried running
both "up2date -l" and "yum list updates").

I KNOW this isn't true -- the whole reason I switched to the mirror site is
because I couldn't successfully update from the redhat fedora site.  There
are about 30 new packages I haven't gotten yet.  I've tried several
different mirrors -- and oddly enough, the original redhat fedora site
gives me this same report now.

I've tried the "yum clean" commands, and I've blown away everything in
/var/spool that looks relevant.  I'm obviously overlooking something.

Please help!  I'm attaching yum.conf below.

Thanks in advance,
Allan

[main]
cachedir=/var/cache/yum
debuglevel=2
logfile=/var/log/yum.log
pkgpolicy=newest
distroverpkg=fedora-release
tolerant=1
exactarch=1

[base]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Base
baseurl=http://ftp.dulug.duke.edu/pub/fedora/linux/core/1/i386/os
#baseurl=http://fedora.redhat.com/releases/fedora-core-$releasever

[updates-released]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Released Updates
baseurl=http://ftp.dulug.duke.edu/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/1/i386
#baseurl=http://fedora.redhat.com/updates/released/fedora-core-$releasever
#baseurl=http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/core/updates/1/i386

#[updates-testing]
#name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Unreleased Updates
#baseurl=http://fedora.redhat.com/updates/testing/fedora-core-$releasever