Problems upgrading from RH8 to FC1 using yum

John Rumball fedora at jerumball.com
Sun Jan 18 18:47:13 UTC 2004

I am trying to upgrade my RH8 box to FC1 using yum but not having much
luck.  When the yum upgrade stops, the end of my yum-upgrade.log file
looks like this:

  Resolving dependencies
  .package evolution needs libcom_err.so.3 (not provided)

I have looked around the 'net and learned that this file is a part of
krb5-libs-1.2.7-14.i386.rpm so I installed it and re-ran the yum
upgrade.  The result was the same.

My question to you is, how do I get past this error and complete the
upgrade to FC1?  Any comments or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks, in advance.

John