3D on ATI 9200 128MB RAM

ne... akabi at speakeasy.net
Sun Jan 18 19:04:27 UTC 2004

On Jan 18, 2004 at 19:16, Giuseppe Cavallo in a soothing rage wrote:

>Hi all,
>I'm trying to configure my ati radeaon 9200 but it doesn't work in 3D. I see
>by lsmod and I see that the agpgart module is not loaded. I have loaded it by
>modprobe but modprobe fails. I read the dmesg and I see:
>Linux agpgart interface v0.99 (c) Jeff Hartmann
>agpgart: Maximum main memory to use for agp memory: 439M
>agpgart: Detected Via Apollo Pro KT400 chipset
>agpgart: unable to determine aperture size.
If you do a google search, you will probably find out
what I did ages ago. I do not think things have changed
since then. The Radeon 9200 is a agp version 3 chip.
This does not have support in the 2.4 kernels. Support
is in the 2.6 kernels but you will have to backport it
yourself. Therefore no 3D for you.

>My MB is Asus A7V8X-X.
Hmmm, I've got the A7V8X and the A7N8X-X.

>In XF86config I load dri and glx. I use the fglrx modules for the card ati's
>driver.
>What can I enable 3D in my card?
At the moment nothing. If things have changed, please let
me know.

N.Emile...
Persistence in one opinion has never been considered a merit in political
leaders.
		-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, "Ad familiares", 1st century BC
 13:46:00  up 45 days, 18:33,  3 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00