DVD-RAM question

Pedro Fernandes Macedo webmaster at margo.bijoux.nom.br
Mon Jan 19 02:21:20 UTC 2004

Hi guys.
I've just bought a new DVD burner from LG (model 4040B) and I decided to
try it on linux. Using the supplied DVD-RAM disc , I recorded some stuff
in windoze... Then , when I inserted the disc in linux , I get the
following messages on my /var/log/messages:
Jan 11 16:52:08 tirael kernel: UDF-fs: No partition found (1)
Jan 11 16:52:08 tirael kernel: Unable to identify CD-ROM format.
Jan 11 16:52:10 tirael kernel: UDF-fs: No partition found (1)

And it goes like that until  I eject the disc. Is it any problem with
the drive or linux has no support to DVD-RAM? (Btw , I've formatted it
as fat32 using windows xp cd burning features)

Pedro Macedo