Is FC1 anygood?

john.rehmert at speakeasy.net john.rehmert at speakeasy.net
Mon Jan 19 02:55:13 UTC 2004

--> Is fedora your main OS? Is it good enough to be used as such?
--> I have to be honest I still use windoze for many things,
--> but I guess myself
--> just don't feel comfortable enough with linux to get rid of
--> windoze just
--> yet.
-->
--> Just curious about your systems and how  you fare.
-->
--> Thanks
-->
I started using a dual-boot system (70% Windows XP / 30% RH8) as my main
workstation system about a year or so ago.  That was after using Red Hat
Linux on and off since 5, but mostly on servers.

Now my workstation (Sager 5670 laptop) is 80% FC1 and 20% Windows XP.  I
still use XP to run MS apps that don't run or don't run well on Linux via
Crossover Office.  Like OfficeXP, Macromedia Flash/Dreamweaver, and Visio (I
only need Office for compatability with my employer - otherwise, I'd use
OpenOffice).  Other than that, there aren't many apps for which I haven't
found perfectly suitable open source alternatives.

Basically, it just comes down to how comfortable you are with using Linux.
The more comfortable you become, the more frequently you'll use it.

Have fun...

- John