Apache 2.0.47

David Kistner fedora at trustjesus.org
Mon Jan 19 13:49:28 UTC 2004

I'm running Apache 2.0.47 application that came with Fedora Core 1.
Everything was running great for quite some time.  I kept my Fedora
upgraded with updates with up2date (yum) until one day something during
one of these updates somehow something killed my server beyond recovery.
 I tried to recover everything with Acronis True Image ghost images but
every one was corrupt (I realize now that I was very stupid for not
testing them prior to this problem) :-(

I finally had to reinstall Fedora and reconfigure everything from
scratch but I did have a backup of my web site that was fine.  So, I
copied the /var/www/html folder from my backup to the newly configured
server but now when I view my web site pages some of them display a
diamond with a question mark inside of the diamond (when viewed with
Mozilla) and a question mark (when viewed with Internet Explorer).  I
can view the same html pages directly as a file (with my browser's) and
they are fine, but once I copy the files to the Apache directory I have
the diamonds displayed. I'm completely stumped on what's happening.  I
Googled for an answer and struck out.  So I thought I'd ask here for
help.  Here's a couple of my pages that do this:

http://www.trustjesus.org/
http://www.trustjesus.org/index2.html

Thanks in advance for any help that you can give me.
  - David Kistner