sending mail wiht sendmail and Mozilla

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Mon Jan 19 14:54:52 UTC 2004

At 02:47 1/19/2004, you wrote:
>I recently moved my RH 9 Mailsystem to a new server with Fedora 1. In the
>old settings, users had mozilla configured that way, that they had to use
>there user and password to send mails (Mozillla Mail -> Mail & Newsgroup
>Account Settings -> Outgouing Server (SMTP) -> Use name and Password).
>
>Now with the new Server they have to deactivate this feature.
>
>Which sendmailoption do I have forgotten? ;-)

Read the Sendmail SMTP AUTH HOWTO at:

http://www.simpaticus.com/linux

For Fedora, when you are editing sendmail.mc, remember to to change the "A
p" in confAUTH_OPTIONS to just "A" (that is, remove the "p"). I have not
had time to make this change in the actual HOWTO.

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz at simpaticus.com
http://www.simpaticus.com