[real] Problems upgrading from RH8 to FC1 using yum

Ben Davis jamin.davis at mail.ee
Mon Jan 19 16:18:06 UTC 2004

Om 17:36-0500, Yesterday whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net [WH] schreef...

>> I'm not sure what you mean.  Can you elaborate a bit for me?
>> Thanks very much.
>You are looking in the wrong place.  Fedora Core 1 doesn't have a package
>the provides libcom_err.so.3, so if your Evolution needs it, you have the
>wrong version of Evolution.  Possibly from Ximian?  What is the output of:

I had the same problem installing evolution from the FC1 distro ISOs.
I've got evolution-1.4.5-7 and e2fsprogs-1.34-1 provides
/lib/libcom_err.so.2.1 linked to /lib/libcom_err.so.2; so I simply
linked it to /lib/libcom_err.so.3 and did a rpm -i evolution* --nodeps
install.. worked fine.

$ rpm -qi evolution

Name        : evolution                Relocations: (not relocateable)
Version     : 1.4.5                    Vendor: Red Hat, Inc.
Release     : 7                        Build Date: Tue 28 Oct 2003 16:30:07
Install Date: Sun 18 Jan 2004 21:22:35 Build Host: porky.devel.redhat.com

Groetjes....j