help-kernel panic no init found

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Mon Jan 19 19:18:32 UTC 2004

Am Mo, den 19.01.2004 schrieb Avi Aumick um 19:54:
> I just installed fedora. I was forced to do a hard reboot since for some
> reason the computer hung up (might have a memory problem). I received the
> following message:
>
> kernel panic: no init found. Try passing init= option to kernel
>
> How do I pass the "init="? I did try editing the command line when grub
> started by adding "init=1" but it did not work. Any suggestions??
>
> Thanks for you  help.
>
> Avram

Did the hangup occur during install process? Then your system is not
proper installed and you need a new install run.

If you have a memory problem then maybe the system on your harddrive is
damaged. You can try to boot with the kernel parameter "init=/bin/sh"
and see if that works. If not, you are faster with a reinstall.

Alexander

--
Alexander Dalloz | Enger, Germany
PGP key valid: made 13.07.1999