pb with police (ISO8859-15)

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Mon Jan 19 22:58:57 UTC 2004

Yohann Desquerre wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'am a french user....In french there are many accent on word !!!
>
> When i send a mail with accent on word...my friends which are use
> WINXXXX(No one is perfect) see strange symbol. Is there any way to solve
> that ????

Your friends must use the same character set as you do, regardless of
whether they're on Windows or Linux or Macintosh or TTDs.  Since there's
no mapping between the accents on your characters and their character
set, they'll see weird characters as the system tries to guess what's
appropriate.
-           Fear is finding a ".vbs" script in your Inbox            -