sending mail wiht sendmail and Mozilla

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Mon Jan 19 23:50:34 UTC 2004

At 12:31 1/19/2004, you wrote:
> > Read the Sendmail SMTP AUTH HOWTO at:
> >
> > http://www.simpaticus.com/linux
> >
> > For Fedora, when you are editing sendmail.mc, remember to to change the "A
> > p" in confAUTH_OPTIONS to just "A" (that is, remove the "p"). I have not
> > had time to make this change in the actual HOWTO.
>
>May I ask for what reason you recommend to allow unencrypted plain
>authentication? You should better explain how to enable STARTTLS to
>secure PLAIN/LOGIN mechanisms.

Yes, that would be better. However, I did not /know how/ to do that when I
wrote and last updated the HOWTO. Several people have been kind enough to
send me material on this issue, and I hope to find the time soon to play,
test, and learn the material so I can update the HOWTO. The /only/ reason
this has not yet been done is lack of time on my part.

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz at simpaticus.com
http://www.simpaticus.com