pb with police (ISO8859-15)

J. Erik Hemdal ehemdal at townisp.com
Tue Jan 20 01:16:09 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I'am a french user....In french there are many accent on word !!!

When i send a mail with accent on word...my friends which are use
WINXXXX(No one is perfect) see strange symbol. Is there any way to solve
that ????

In his earlier post, I think don nailed it.  I might lean toward a font
issue rather than a content-type header problem, though.

I would start by determining your font and trying to ask your friends to
match it.  If they have any support for Unicode or "UTF-8" fonts, it
may solve the problem.

Since they are Windows users, the Windows Update or Office Update web sites
may point them to "Recommended Updates" that provide them with better
French-language
support.  No need to provide the URL's because these are integral parts of
the Windows operating system.

Even a switch to a "Western European" font, as it would appear in Outlook or
similar
tools, would probably help.

Best of luck.  Erik