Sendmail still will not read config files

Robert Key robkey at mighty.co.za
Tue Jan 20 07:36:25 UTC 2004

Hi,
 I posted this message yesterday and got a few responses. Thanks.

Sendmail still refuses to load because it will not read
local-host-users
and trusted-users
in /etc/mail
with the message "Could not read trusted-users with Worldwide readable
directory"
I have tried all the following permissions but none work.

/etc/mail    0755 (default)  0400, 0700, 0600 and owner root.root
files 0744 (default), 0400, 0700 owner root.root
 Nothing works. The error message remains the same.

Surely everyone who installed Fedora must have had this problem? The files and
file / directory permissions come from the packages. I never changed them at
fiirst. I simply installed everything.
Also Redhat 9 has the same file persmissions and no problems with sendmail.

Thanks,
   Rob
--
Robert Key  Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Peninsula Technikon
robkey at mighty.co.za