Gnome Applets - gweather

Bevan C. Bennett bevan at fulcrummicro.com
Tue Jan 20 20:31:39 UTC 2004

Charles Howse wrote:
> Hello,
> I've just installed FC1, and I'm looking for a Weather applet.
> I noticed that gnome-applets includes gweather, but the gnome-applets
> don't show in Accessories.
>
> rpm -q gnome-applets shows gnome-applets-2.4.1-1 is installed.
> I also don't have "Add to Panel" on the menu when I right-click the
> panel.
> Am I missing something?

Possibly. For my FC1, if I right click on the panel, gweather is found
under "Add to panel -> Accessories -> Weather Report".

Make sure you are right-clicking the panel itself and not the window
list area or the little dock area. That seems to be the most common
source of the effect you describe.  If you move an icon to just right of
the window list, it should compress the list to unuseability, but give
you some open panel space to click on.