RHEL WS?

Tue Jan 20 21:19:29 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-01-20 at 16:00, WipeOut wrote:
> I have just been looking at the RHEL versions and the WS basic version
> is not too badly priced, especially for us as a startup, but we would
> want to use it for our servers.. :)
>
> Is anyone familiar with this product?? Can it be used for web/email
> servers or is it restricted in some way?
>
> Later..

WS supports a max of 2 processors and 8GB memory, and lacks some server
packages (that should be post-installable if required, but would
presumably not be supported):

amanda-server, arptables_jf, bind, caching-nameserver, dhcp, freeradius,
inews, inn, krb5-server, netdump-server, openldap-servers, pxe, quagga,
radvd, rarpd, redhat-config-bind, redhat-config-netboot, tftp-server,
tux, vsftpd, ypserv

See (particularly Note 1):
http://www.redhat.com/software/rhel/comparison/

Phil