Epson Stylus Color 600, yeah, it's old

Chris Hewitt fedlist at manordat.demon.co.uk
Wed Jan 21 11:04:05 UTC 2004

smoothmilk wrote:

>I have the exact same printer, but Im running the 2.4.22-xxxxx kernels.
>Anyways, the 'gimp-print' driver doesnt work at all for me, however, if
>you use the "stc600ih.upp" driver, you will be simply astonished at the
>print quality! The others are all crap.
>
>This might not solve your printing problems, but once you get up and
>running again, you'll be able to enjoy higher quality output from your
>printer with linux :]
>
>-smthmlk
>

>Rafael Fernandez wrote:
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>I have an old printer here at home, an Epson Stylus Color 600 which is
>>supported by cups and work "perfectly" with gimp-print acording to
>>http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net/p_Supported_Printers.php3 and
>>
>http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=Epson-Stylus_Color_600.
>
>>I am running Linux kernel 2.6.1 and I can't get anything to print.
>>
>>Any help? Can't find anything useful on Google.

I've got an Epson Stylus Color 900 which works perfectly with CUPS
(gimp-print driver) both on the FC1 computer that the printer is
connected to and over the network from other FC1 computers.  The FC1s
are as per the CDs, no updates. Have you still got the original kernel
installed? If so, it may be worth trying with that.

Regards

Chris