CD Burning and Ripping

Mihai Maties mihai at xcyb.org
Wed Jan 21 11:07:05 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 21 January 2004 00:34, Stephan Schutter wrote:
> I have had the same question... I guess that RH just does not like KDE...
> K3B is really the only alternative out there that compares to the
> offerings on windows.
>
> This is what I did:
>
> 1. goto www.freshrpms.net
> 2. install apt
> 3. add the other sources that are available to /etc/apt/sources...
> 4. run apt-get update
> 5. run apt-get install k3b
>
> they have a lot of stuff available; like making mp3 work again... Mplayer
> (that can actually play most of the movie files that you have/download)

Actually FreshRPMS does not have k3b. Only Livna (rpm.livna.org), NewRPMS
(newrpms.sunsite.dk) and I (rpms.xcyb.org) provide the latest k3b package as
far as I know.

To install k3b on Fedora Core 1 you should add the following lines to your
yum/apt configuration files:

    *  yum - /etc/yum.conf

	[xcyb-stable]
	name=Fedora Core 1 ( xcyborg / stable )
	baseurl=http://rpms.xcyb.org/fedora/1/stable/

	[xcyb-bleeding]
	name=Fedora Core 1 ( xcyborg / bleeding )
	baseurl=http://rpms.xcyb.org/fedora/1/bleeding/

    * apt - /etc/apt/sources.list

	rpm	http://rpms.xcyb.org/fedora/1 i386 stable bleeding
	rpm-src	http://rpms.xcyb.org/fedora/1 i386 stable bleeding