framebuffer radeon grub howto

ne... akabi at speakeasy.net
Wed Jan 21 13:00:11 UTC 2004

On Jan 21, 2004 at 01:30, Esperanza Glass in a soothing rage wrote:

>I've been trying to install framebuffer drivers to my radeon 9200 card.
>I have compiled the rh 2.4 kernel with support for radeon framebuffer
>driver. After that I have tried several options to load the driver
>during boot. What is the correct line for grub for 640x480 resolution
>(this is mame cabinet)? I have tried options mentioned at:
>
>http://thesapphirecat.iwarp.com/present/program/radeonfb.html
>
>with no luck yet. Are there other fb drivers or options I should try?
If you are refering to the console framebuffer take a look at
/usr/src/linux-2.4/Documentation/fb/matroxfb.txt. This has the
different values listed. In your /etc/grub.conf file add vga=<value>
to the end of the kernel line. I use vga=795 to get a 1280x1024
resolution.

N.Emile...
The Abrams' Principle:
	The shortest distance between two points is off the wall.
 07:56:01  up 48 days, 12:43,  5 users,  load average: 0.05, 0.02, 0.00