red hat 9.0

Max max at linuxhack.it
Wed Jan 21 15:54:43 UTC 2004

Il mer, 2004-01-21 alle 16:36, Fabrizio Nozza ha scritto:
> I have installed Red Hat Linux 9.0 on a PC dual processor and my kerner
> version is kernel-smp-2.4.20-28.9smp.
> I have configured sendmail service, http(s) service, and dns server.
> As soon as on April 2004 RHL will be not more available and the prices of
> Red Hat Enterprise is high, I have decided to try Fedora using the
> distribution enclose on Red Hat Magazine.

Ciao Fabrizio,
nice to see other italian's playng with Fedora!

> My question are:
> Can upgrade my old system using Fedora CD-rom and I will mantain also the
> configuration of sendmail, httpd, dns ?

I think so. I did it on 24th december. I have upgraded from RH9.0B to
Core1, having httpd daemon in use, from ISO images.
They say you can loose your data but the only thing I had to rebuild was
the privilege to mount file system.

> Thanks for help and suggestions
>
> Fabrizio Nozza

See you soon.