shockwave flash player for Mozilla

Kevin Stanchfield Kevin.Stanchfield at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Jan 21 23:55:18 UTC 2004

The plugin consists of two files:

  flashplayer.xpt
  libflashplayer.so

Once they are installed, use the "locate" command to find them and copy
them to any directory of your choice.

As someone mentioned here a while ago, the "system wide" location for
Mozilla plugins in Fedora/RedHat is /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins.

Globe Trotter wrote:
> I have. Just download the plugin, uncompress and follow the instructions.
>
> I could not get it working with RH9, but works fine with FC1.
>
> What disappointed me most was that there is no choice for installing it to a
> directory of my choice (which would be good if I wanted to use a different
> browser such as MozillaFirebird). So, I lug it along in my otherwise empty
> .mozilla plugins directory.
>
> HTH,
> Best!
>
> --- John Gray <johndgray at tpg.com.au> wrote:
>
>>I know that there have been a number of posts regarding this, but has
>>anyone actually got it to work?
>>
>>John

Kevin Stanchfield - x46333
Unix System Administrator
User Technology Associates - NASA - Jet Propulsion Laboratory