Explanation

Alex Olivas olivasa at colorado.edu
Thu Jan 22 17:39:23 UTC 2004

daniel_oxley at westlb-systems.co.uk wrote:

>Can anyone explain to me what the below to errors mean?
>
>"relocation error"
>"undefined symbol"
>
>I get then when trying to load an application
>
>Thanks
>

>Diese Nachricht ist vertraulich. Sollten Sie nicht der vorgesehene Empfaenger sein, so bitten wir hoeflich um eine Mitteilung. Jede unbefugte Weiterleitung oder Fertigung einer Kopie ist unzulaessig. Diese Nachricht dient lediglich dem Austausch von Informationen und entfaltet keine rechtliche Bindungswirkung. Aufgrund der leichten Manipulierbarkeit von E-Mails koennen wir keine Haftung fuer den Inhalt uebernehmen.
>
>This message is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, we kindly ask you to inform the sender. Any unauthorised dissemination or copying hereof is prohibited. This message serves for information purposes only and shall not have any legally binding effect. Given that e-mails can easily be subject to manipulation, we can not accept any liability for the content provided.

if i understand correctly it usually means you're using the wrong
library.  i would guess without anymore information that the library
that your certain application is looking for finds a different version
first (different than what it was built with) and tries to use that one.
could you possibly provide more information?  what application in
particular?  what's the full output of the error message?
alex.