Acrobat Reader 8 not working in FC1

john.rehmert at speakeasy.net john.rehmert at speakeasy.net
Thu Jan 22 19:31:25 UTC 2004

-->
--> Has anybody succeded in making AR5.08 working under FC1? I
--> downloaded the
--> file from Adobe and installed several times, but it still
--> won't work. I even
--> tried to just open the application in both locations
--> (/usr/local/Acrobat5/Reader/intellinux/bin/acroread and
--> /usr/local/Acrobat5/bin/acroread) but nothing happened, is
--> there anything
--> that I need to do? I think if this part is not working, the
--> plugin won't
--> work either.
-->
--> Thanks in advance for your comment/suggestion
-->

Is there a reason you're not using xpdf (X PDF Viewer) or gpdf (GNOME PDF
Viewer)?

- John