keyboard and mouse problem with X11

Chadley Wilson chadley at pinteq.co.za
Fri Jan 23 05:19:42 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-01-22 at 17:44, Alessio Ciregia wrote:
> Ok, fedora is up to date.
> My PC is dual PIII processor (itry MPS 1.1 and 1.4).
> My PC video card is dual head (radeon 7000).
> In the runlevel 3, all goes well, but when I use gnome...
> ...the keyboard seems to write more characters than I press!! Also for
> the mouse, it clicks more times than I do.
> This is not a sporadic event, but it is random.
>
> ??
>
> bye

Sounds like your XFree86conf needs tweaking,
I have had similar issues in the past especially with s3 graphics cards,
try run
redhat-config-xfree86 --vesa [this will switch your driver]
then run
redhat-config-xfree86 [configure you resolutions and monitor]
then
redhat-config-keyboard
redhat-config-mouse

should fixit for you.