mplayer, ATI, and fullscreen display

Rui Miguel Seabra rms at 1407.org
Fri Jan 23 10:08:59 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-01-23 at 08:55, Julien Le Houérou wrote:
> Hi, I installed mplayer and all dependencies from freshrpms.net, it went
> to install and run perfectly. I won't compile from source anymore.
> However when going in fullscreen mode the picture isn't resized and
> black borders come all around to complete the fullscreen. No matter the
> original size of the video its size never increases when going to
> fullscreen.

Hmms...

> My video card is an ATI Radeon 7500.

I've got one of those.

> Have made a mistake in my XF86Config ?

I think so.

> I am using the default drivers provided by XFree. Is there a better one?

They work just fine, even for 3D. I bought this card precisely in order
to replace a GeForce2MX (since nVidia doesn't provide support, only
proprietary drivers).

> Anyone got this issue and/or having the thing ok?

I do. I'm speaking from heart, but I think I added Load "Xv" in section
module. I can tell you something Sunday night, I think.

Rui

+ So let's do it...?