keyboard and mouse problem with X11

Ben Stringer ben at burbong.com
Fri Jan 23 10:56:35 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-01-23 at 20:32, Alessio Ciregia wrote:
> No no, it is not an accessibility problem.

Sorry - long shot :)

> When i write with the keyboard, SOMETIMES i write (i.e.) "ls" ant it
> write "lssss", or I press enter 1 time and it results 4 times pressed.
> Same thing with the mouse.

Could you try "xset -q" and post the section related to auto repeat?
Again, unlikely if you are seeing issues with the mouse too, but worth
checking.

> May it be a problem related to multi processor? Or related to the dual
> head card?
> No, the video card I think no because i try another one without dual
> head, and the problem is the same.

I'm running FC1 on a dual processor system without seeing this problem.
Are you able to check if it occurs under KDE or using a different user
account under gnome? This helps to narrow down the keyboard and mouse
handling "layers" that may be involved.

Cheers, Ben