Evolution script signature

Charles Howse chowse at charter.net
Fri Jan 23 13:24:18 UTC 2004

Hi,
As you can see below, Evolution doesn't have a clue as to how to handle
cr/lf in a bash script for a signature, even though the option exists to
use the output of a script for a sig.

There is nothing in the help about this (duh!), nothing on their web
site that I found, nor their support list archive, and I've googled
without finding anything worthwhile.  Does anyone have a script sig
working?

Here is my script:
#!/bin/bash
echo
echo
echo Thanks,
echo Charles
echo
fortune -s
Here is the output when run in a terminal (perfect):
[root at moe charles]# fort.sh

Thanks,
Charles

You will always find something in the last place you look.
Below is the output I get when using my script as the default sig:

Thanks, Charles He looked at me as if I were a side dish he hadn't
ordered. -- Ring Lardner