LWCE Fedora Chat

Edward Croft ecroft at openratings.com
Fri Jan 23 14:40:40 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-01-23 at 02:05, Tammy Fox wrote:
> Yes. That was really me. ;-) Sorry I was only able to answer a few
> questions before I had to leave. I had another scheduled event at 7:30PM
> that I couldn't be late for. I was impressed by the number of people who
> showed up for the BOF. Thanks to everyone who came by my pod so far at
> LW to talk about Fedora and/or the magazine. For those of you who didn't
> read the press release, check out http://www.redhatmagazine.com/. Each
> issue will contain information about Fedora as well as other practical
> application information about Open Source software.
>
> Tammy

I went there and figured I would subscribe. First off, they need to
update their intermediate certificate from Verisign. It's quick and
easy, just get the certificate from Verisign, add it to the Apache
config and do a reload. Prevents the popup that says that their
certificate couldn't be verified.
Second, there is no option to subscribe but be billed. Most magazines
have this option. They wanted a CC right away. Not going to happen.
Especially when they can't keep their SSL certificates working properly.
Who knows what other configuration options they messed up.

--
Edward M. Croft
Sr. Systems Engineer