A SCSI problem

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Fri Jan 23 15:03:28 UTC 2004

Am Fr, den 23.01.2004 schrieb Mike Westkamper um 15:31:
> I seemingly am unable to make this work at boot time.
> I believe I followed Alexanders instructions correctly, however the system
> still does not find the adapter nor mount the drives at boot time.

You made a ramdisk initrd.img which contains the scsi module?

> Furthermore, I cannot mount the drives after I do a manual modprobe aix*.

No, "modprobe aic7xxx" is the correct syntax, nothing else. Maybe you
need to pass special options as I wrote in my first reply!

> fdisk list all 8 drives correctly after the modproble, however a number of
> attempts to mount them fail.

Please post syslog entries when the modprobe was executed but not drives
are recognized (/var/log/messages is the relevant file).

> The drives were configured as a softraid by RedHat Linux 7.2.
>
> I copied the raidtab from the 7.2 version and updated the fstab to the
> Fedora version and it still does not seem to work.

And the Adaptec controller was used on RH 7.2 too or was it different
hardware?

> Thanks in advance for any direction...
>
> Mike

Please do NOT top-post. Not good for following and answering in
discussion.

Alexander

--
Alexander Dalloz | Enger, Germany