ADMtek 8211 wireless PCI cards

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Fri Jan 23 16:02:47 UTC 2004

Hi,

I'm seeing some issues with some ADMtek 8211 based wireless PCI cards. The
only driver I could find for these was on www.admtek.com.tw and loads a
kernel module with errors... is there any other driver which could work for
these cards? Any free driver out there compatible with them?

The worst I've seen is someone upgrading from FC1 to FC development,
downloading all the packages at only 80kB/s, and totally killing all the
other users' connections to the Access Point. There are also many 2 or 3
second long freezes in the network connection from time to time under
normal operation, which is really irritating for ssh sessions.

(Other people are using the same access point with different cards with no
problems)

If there is no solution to this problem, which of today's widely available
wireless PCI cards now work fine with Linux? When these were bought, nearly
all cards were 22Mbps, and unsupported at the time, has this changed?

Matthias

Fedora Core release 1 (Yarrow) - Linux kernel 2.4.22-1.2163.nptl
Load : 0.09 0.42 0.83