NIC Problems - Followup

Curt Stauffer curt02 at comcast.net
Fri Jan 23 16:19:16 UTC 2004

I tried (via insmod bcm4400 <options>) to set for 10M half-duplex; it
appeared to work but I was then unable to communicate with my gateway (icmp
host unreachable when trying to ping the gateway or another machine on my
internal network).  I tried another approach to see what would happen and
unhooked all but the Fedora machine from the gateway and using the default
settings for the card (100M, full-duplex, no flow control).  The number of
errors reduced dramatically (but not to zero).  Funny thing is that the
Win2K machine I unhooked wasn't doing anything as far as I could tell, so
why would unhooking it make any difference?

Oh yes, by the way - no hardware changes whatsoever were done - the only
change was switching from RHL9 to FC1.

I'm open to suggestions.  I'd hate to abandon Fedora but if I can't get
this straightened out I may have to look at alternative distro's.

Thanks for any advice,
-Curt Stauffer