fedora won't see zip drive

Leonard den Ottolander leonard at den.ottolander.nl
Sat Jan 24 13:32:35 UTC 2004

Hello Paul,

> Zip drives have partition tables.

I am aware of that, or I would have advised Jimmy to use /dev/sda, not
/dev/sda1. /dev/sdax because the usb zip drive is an emulated scsi
drive.

> Most of my zip drives are /dev/sda4.
> I've also got one which uses partition 1 (it was supplied with some
> software which I deleted) and that's /dev/sda1.

You are correct. I forgot to mention that the disks that come with the
drive I occasionally use are from a Mac user. Mac partitions these disks
sanely (using partition 1), but now I remember that Windows uses the
fourth partition for some silly reason. So yes, /dev/sda4 should be the
correct device to use.

Bye,
Leonard.