XEmacs Segfault

Omer van der Horst Jansen redhatlist at vdhj.com
Sat Jan 24 16:18:44 UTC 2004

Mitch Oliver wrote:
> That is the exact same behaviour I've experienced.  I have not yet
> found a solution.  Which version did you build from source?  I've
> tried to build both 21.4.14 and 21.5.16 without success.
> To fix your problems with the buttons, etc. you may want to read
> through configure.usage.  There are a number of options in there
> related to that.

Here's what I do to compile and install xemacs. I use the athena widgets
rather than Gnome. The only major problem I have is with Xemacs going
into a frenzy if I maximize the Xemacs window, but that stops when I
un-maximize it.

tar xvzf xemacs-21.4.14.tar.gz
   (apply patch here)
cd xemacs-21.4.14
./configure --with-widgets=athena --with-athena=3d --with-dialogs=athena
make
   (change to root with su here)
make install
cd /usr/local/lib/xemacs
tar xvzf ~/path-to-xemacs-packages/xemacs-sumo.tar.gz

If you develop C or C++ code, you should probably also apply the patch
available here:

http://list-archive.xemacs.org/xemacs-beta/200309/msg00205.html