Experience with Fedora on Shuttle XPC (Socket A models only)

Kaj J. Niemi mail.sw.rh.rhl at spam.fi.basen.net
Sat Jan 24 21:16:27 UTC 2004

> I'm wanting to install Fedora on a Socket A type Shuttle XPC to use as a
> Multi media PC in my home office.

This is not really going to help you since your specification was for AMD
processors only but... the SS51G/SS51G1 work well if you disable APIC/MPS,
there's something weird with the SiS chipset requiring you to do so.

The SB51G, SB61G2, SB62G2, SB65G2 systems with an Intel manufactured chip-
set work well with and without Hyper Threading, with both PATA and SATA
(ICH5 controller) drives. I've deployed a considerable amount of the above
mentioned systems and have had little problems with them. After installation
they simply work :)

// kaj