HP PSC1210

david walcroft david_walcroft at yahoo.com.au
Sat Jan 24 21:28:40 UTC 2004

Sarah Fish wrote:
> David wrote: <snip>
>  >Yes I have noticed the USB port locked and CUPS waiting to print, if I
>  >can find out how to debug the scanner finishing and not releasing the
>  >port I'll bugzilla to HPOJ maintainers maybe it's already noted - have
>  >to check.
>
> I had to recover a client from a virus recently who also has a 1210. He
> runs Win98 on an older PC that does not support USB 2.0. He was able to
> use the print function and the copy function, but not the scanner.
>
> Could the non-release problem be related to the USB 2 stuff in the Linux
> kernel? I'm not a programmer, I'm a hardware person.
>
> Sarah Fish
> Saratoga Springs, NY

Sarah, I found this mailing-list
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=3712591&forum_id=5841

maybe some info for you,seems FC1 HPOJ has a small problem and
Freshrpms' contains a fix (maybe). ver 0.91.tar.gz is available but no
rpm's - still ver 0.90-19.But HPOJ is far from perfect as now the
devel.of the driver is in HPIJS hands for devel.

Sorry I can not help further

   david