idle HD spin down standby/sleep, laptop mode?? (seagate 7200.7)

Kevin Bowen kevin at ucsd.edu
Sun Jan 25 02:54:59 UTC 2004

Are noflushd and laptop-mode meant to be used together? I was under the
impression that noflushd was obsolete (it doesn't seem to be packaged for
modern distro's anymore). Also, it seems like it is just doing the same
thing as hdparm -S, isn't it? In any case, I tried it out, and it doesn't
seem to want to work with my primary drive (the SATA), it says "No stats for
hde. Ignorning."

The other stuff (hdparm and laptop-mode.sh) is what I had already done and
had not worked.