Can yum install everything?

Tom Taylor fedora at tomtaylor.co.uk
Sun Jan 25 14:43:21 UTC 2004

Ernest L. Williams Jr. wrote:

> How does one install "all" of the packages?

I'm not sure why you'd want to do this? There's a lot of packages that
you'd never use, and it would take a lot time/a lot of space to install.

> yum install *     does not work.
> Must I download packages manually and install them one at a time?

yum install <packagename> is the syntax, and it will resolve
dependencies and get those for you as well.

If you're looking for a type of program, but you don't know the exact
name, you can try:

yum search <string>

And it will give you a list of packages back, relating to your string.

--
Tom Taylor
<tom at tomtaylor.co.uk>