ANOTHER Fedora upgrade tale of woe...

John T Nelson developer at computation.com
Sun Jan 25 18:20:51 UTC 2004

All,

To make a long story short, I tried to upgrade RH8 to Fedora CORE
upgrade but booting CORE gives me module loading errors (out the wazoo).
The CORE kernel is being booted but /boot/map seems to be pointing to old
RH8 module info. So the /boot/map file is not being updated.

Ok, so when I run lilo hoping to update this map somehow, I get a Fatal
error because it claims the map info doesn't exist (the file does exist
and I get the same message if I remove the file.... yes lilo.conf does
specify the right path).

So I can't rebuild my map file. I feel certain that if I could do that
then the kernel would boot with the correct module info. Is this the right
approach?

-- John