lexmark Z23

Arindam Dey adey at komnas.com
Mon Jan 26 04:07:06 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-01-26 at 11:27, matt warner wrote:
> the driver i downloaded is cjz33le.tar.gz, available from the lexmark
> website.  i think the Z23 and the Z33 use the same drivers.  when i
> try to print a test page on the driver install program, i get an error
> message that says "file not found".  i can get data to be sent to the
> printer, but it only spits out blank pages.  and when i restart, i get
> the same thing.

I just checked the site where you have downloaded the driver from and
that mentions compatibility with Red Hat v 7.0 and below. So if I am not
mistaken it is not meant for cups(ergo Normal Fedora Core 1). If I am
wrong here somebody please whack me on the head albeit softly :-).

Do you have any other pc handy with Red Hat 9.0 or lower where you can
switch the printer subsystem to lpd from cups and try out this printer.

What does "lpq" tell you ?

Try sending a plain text file created using vi using
"lpr -Plexmarkz23-z33 /path/to/plain/text/file"

The suffix to -P is from memory it may be different. Please check the
README which comes along with the tar.gz.

--
Arindam Dey

The mind is not a vessel to be
filled but a fire to be kindled.

GPG FPR: B8E3 219E F129 F970 F4A7  BC50 9636 504A BEDF 5739