NFS problem

Robert Spangler bms at zoominternet.net
Mon Jan 26 04:57:44 UTC 2004

Hello,

My systems

RedHat 9.0              Fedora (Laptop)
Host                    Client
2 shares

In Fedora's fstab I have defined the shares of the host.  They are defined
with the ip address.  When I boot the Fedora machine it takes a long time for
the nfs mounts to mount.  After everything is up and running if I try to ls
the shares it takes a long time too, and some times I see the following:

nfs:  server x.x.x.x not responding, still trying
nfs:  server x.x.x.x OK
nfs:  server x.x.x.x not responding, still trying
nfs:  server x.x.x.x OK

and then the directory is listed.

No both machine I have the following services up and running:

nfs
netfs
nfslock
portmap
network

I have asked on #fedora and was told that it is most likely a DNS issue but
this i don't believe because the host lookup order is to first look in hosts
file which all machines are defined.

Does anyone know of any other place or places I need to look?

Thnx

--

Regards
Robert

Smile.....  It increases your face value.