HP psc 750xi

David L Norris dave at webaugur.com
Mon Jan 26 14:16:58 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-01-25 at 20:58, stephan schutter wrote:
> This device dies not work by default in Fedora... hpoj service seems to
> be running; did I miss anything?

According to the HPOJ folks it will scan and print.  (I presume it has
no card readers based on the photo.)  I'm not sure it is required but
have you run the HPOJ setup?
 $ su -
 # LANG=C service hpoj setup

Printing uses the DJ9xx driver via USB or OfficeJet:
  http://hpoj.sourceforge.net/suplist.shtml

HP provides further details on the DJ9xx print drivers here:
  http://hpinkjet.sourceforge.net/printmodedescr.php#DJ9xx

I have no clue how the scanner portion works.  That may require hpoj.
My HP PS 230 requires hpoj but its only used for the card readers.  I
didn't have to run hpoj setup to use the printer portion, though.

--
 David Norris
  http://www.webaugur.com/dave/