3D on ATI 9200 128MB RAM

David Balazic david.balazic at hermes.si
Mon Jan 26 14:44:33 UTC 2004

I had the same problem with my radeon 8500LE and VIA KT400 chipset.
The solution is that after installing the ATI driver, edit the file
/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/agpgart_be.c
around line 6073 change via_generic_setup to via_kt400_setup , then change
it again a few lines lower.
Then run make.sh in the same directory.
Then cd .. ,
./make_install.sh

Then run fglrxconfig and proceed normally.

After this it worked for me. More than doubled the frame rate in Enemy
Territory.

Regards,
David

David Balazic                      mailto:david.balazic at hermes.si
HERMES Softlab                 http://www.hermes-softlab.com
Zolajeva 30                          Phone: +386 2 450 8851
SI-2000 Maribor
Slovenija
"Be excellent to each other." -
Bill S. Preston, Esq. & "Ted" Theodore Logan