Errata?

WipeOut wipe_out at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Jan 26 18:55:45 UTC 2004

Bevan C. Bennett wrote:

> WipeOut wrote:
>
>> I am not after a specific one at the moment it just looks like FC is
>> falling behind in this area looking at the number or updates coming
>> out for RH9 and othr distos.. Of course I may be wrong and the fact
>> that there are no updates is bacause the version that FC uses does
>> not have a problem..
>

> Are you aware of the updates available in the updates directory?
>
> http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/1/i386/
> (check your local mirror)
>
> The FC1 kernel, for example, has been updated several times recently
> (causing some other posters to complain that FC might have too many
> updates).

Yes I know about the updates dir.. :)

If you look at the RH9 errata (
https://rhn.redhat.com/errata/rh9-errata.html ) there have been 7
security updates since the last kernel update and these have not been
updated in Fedora ( make it 6 since the one came out today :) ).. I
would have hoped that security updates would have a high priority to get
out on any distro, and thats what I am trying to find out about..

Like I said maybe Fedora does not need these updates because it is
running newer packages than RH9 anyway..

I don't mean to upset or offend anyone i am just trying to find out what
the security policy of the dev team is..

later..