mailto not registered in Firebird

Ko Pu ko_pu at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 26 22:04:30 UTC 2004

I have the following configuration: FC1, Firebird 0.7, Thunderbird 0.4 and
Mozilla 1.4.1 (came from FC1 install, I can't remove due to dependency
problem).

I saw a posting in http://linux.sgms-centre.com/howto/mozilla.php which
explains how to fix the problem. I followed the instructions and it worked,
but after I rebooted the machine, it stopped working, I went back to
about:config, the entry I created is still there (I only had to create the
network.protocol-handler.app.mailto = feedmua.pl since
network.protocol-handler.external.mailto = true is already there).

I have the following questions:
- It seems to me that Firebird has this problem fixed, is it right? The doc
mentioned that for versions after Firebird 0.6, there'll be a gui interface
to configure it, where is this interface?
- According to above doc, you need to create the following command:
$CMDLINE = "kmail --composer -c \"$CC\" -b \"$BCC\" -s \"$SUBJECT\" --body
\"$BODY\" \"$RECIPIENT\"";
could someone tell me what's the command to invoke email composer in
Thunderbird and if the arguments is correct in above statement? Please be as
explicit as possible, I'm new to this and have lot to learn, your time and
patience is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your comment/suggestion

Ko Fei Pu
mailto:ko_pu at nospamhotmail.com